Friday, October 4, 2013

Forgot to tell you I'm a singer!

Preparing some new work...
Here is what I did until now. I first did a single called "Essi Psefti": Very funny!! Especially the video clip ( Very Hot ), shot at Costes Hotel Paris, during a very heady night of july 2007 (OMG it's been a long time since I started my carreer!)



Then I signed it with Virgin EMI Greece. I know, the "Greece" thing is a little bit ...bizarre because I live in Paris and have a lot of contacts here in the music industry, but I'm from greek origin, so I was proud to start from Greece.
So I signed with them my first album entitled "What I Am" and worked hard for 3 years on it. Special guests, electro sounds, and 6 video clips directed for 3 of them by me!!!






I'm proud!

But greek industry in general and greek music industry in particular is not very healthy at the moment. I'm not saying anything new. They called it "crisis". Did you hear of that word?



Anyway, they offered me to represent them at Eurovision Song Contest in 2010, which was at first a funny idea so I accepted. I was honored by the proposal. But I finally retired from the competition for many many good reasons. The first one was to finish my album. And then because the contract they proposed me didn't allow me to do the job the way I wanted to do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greece_in_the_Eurovision_Song_Contest_2010

In 2011, my album went out in Greece. Great press job but still the "crisis. I left Greece after 2 months of a chaotic promotion.


Arriving at Athens airport...



My first greek interview...

At EMI Athens

@ Studio with Marc Ricci and Pierre Zito




With Peter Kingsberry

...They also proposed me to sing at the Greek Music Awards with one of my songs, "Now I know", but ones again, the deal was not very fair for my music so I declined. The most important (and difficult) thing for me is not to succeed in being famous, but to succeed in keeping my integrity!
Eventually, we proposed the song to Stereo Mike for a duet, (he's a greek rapper), and he did a great job with his part! That was nice

With Stereo Mike, having a cool beer in London, after the shooting...

You can find all my video clips on youtube or Dailymotion 
on "Despina Ricci Official" Page. ;)










...And that was the last thing I remember about business in Greece.

Then in 2012, my album went out in France, but with my own Label, Despina Ricci. I had this fabulous video clip with a 100 of people singing my song and doing their hair. They are all my friends, some are famous, some not.


And the making off, very funny!

...But not enough press. We didn't plan the right communication about it.

So now, one year later, I work on a new project by my own and also, for 3-4 songs with a composer called François Bernheim. It's very fresh french and I love it.


Sometimes the unplugged songs are the best! This will be ready in 2014! Can't wait.


Chears guys and don't forget to have fun! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment