Saturday, October 12, 2013

Electro women!

Let's talk about female electro artists:
As an electro-pop artist, I, of course have my favorites.

First of all, Lovefoxxx, the brazilian lead singer of band Cansei de ser sexy (CSS). Incredible! She also featured on french DJ Kavinsky's "night call", famous soundtrack of the movie Drive, sexiest electro music ever, with notes from the 80's. I totally adore.



Lovefoxxx


Then there is Louisahhh!!!: Listen to In my Veins

...What a f***ing sensual voice!! I am totally hypnotized...

I do admit that I have a crush  for Ane Trolle and her sexy voice, especially on "Sweet dogs" released with Siebenhaar:



M.I.A.  (who did an incredible performance while she was pregnant, which touches me at the moment!) and Leila (who worked with Björk) are also part of the music that I like to listen to.






Leila doesn't really sing but does good electro music! And uses male singers ;)


One special dedication to Roisin Murphy, who used to sing with the group Moloko that I totally adore too! Now she is by her own and here is what she sings:




Of course, when you talk about electro female voices, you can't forget the Queen: Björk! What to say about her? Everything has been said and at the same time nothing has been said: she is mysterious, a little bit "crazy"and absolutely fantastic, amazing, original, powerful!



Impossible not to say a word about "Girls Girls Girls" which are not exactly a band but more kind of a union of feminine DJs and electro artists. Still very sensual. Especially Piu Piu!!!

Love the song!!!!!!!!!!!!

Girls Girls Girls


Talking about DJs, there is here a place for the Indie electro DJ Shakti Bliss:



She is remixing old swing songs and her sound is really good! Go and listen to her....


And finally, for those who don't know my music, you can also go and listen to it on youtube at DespinaRicciOfficial and find it on itunes:

https://itunes.apple.com/fr/artist/despina-ricci/id294737763

and go to my site to discover me:
despinaricci.com

And eventually my facebook page and reverbnation and so on... And also read my previous article on this blog intitled "I forgot to tell you I'm a singer"!!

One of my favorite songs, a little bit subversive! "100%"





...Enjoy!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment